WHAT WE DO
Network events provide local opportunities for staff & volunteers from therapeutic gardening projects to share ideas and offer mutual support. They take place across Scotland - from Shetland to Dumfries - see our webpages for details of networking events
We have fieldworkers with expertise who visit and support therapeutic gardening projects across Scotland. To arrange a visit contact Trellis on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trellis Information service answers queries on a whole range of subjects related to therapeutic gardening - from horticulture to garden project management, phone 01738 624348 or email email@example.com
- We manage a national database and directory of over 400 therapeutic gardening projects
- Regular eBulletins and information on training, events and best practice - sign up here to receive them.
- online resources Trellis website at www.trellisscotland.org.uk
The Trellis Annual Conference is held annually in March it brings together people interested in therapeutic gardening from every region of Scotland, it showcases good practice in therapeutic gardens and provides training workshops in many aspects of therapeutic gardening.
Training sessions can be tailored to your needs. If you have any specific training requests on any aspect of therapeutic gardening please call us at the Trellis office 01738 624348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Trellis provides a rolling programme of training relevant to therapeutic gardening including:
- Basic gardening skills
- Designing gardens for those with dementia
- Accesible garden design
- Income Generation
Lobbying and promotional activities include attendance at national events and conferences, study tours and commenting on policy consulations with the aim of raising the profile of therapeutic gardening in Scotland and increase recognition of this valuable work.