Royal Edinburgh Community Garden, Morningside Terrace, Edinburgh EH10 5HF
Midlothian Community Hospital Gardens, 70 Eskbank Rd, Bonnyrigg EH22 3ND
Cyrenians has worked with NHS Lothian to establish two hospital community gardens: one in Morningside, Edinburgh and one in Bonnyrigg, Midlothian.
Each garden was developed to offer hospital patients, staff and visitors, as well as people and groups from the local community, the chance to take part in a range of gardening and nature-based activities.
A welcoming environment, well planned activities, robust day-to-day management, and support for our regular volunteers are key to the gardens’ success.
This role exists to provide cover for our regular garden coordinators and requires a high level of gardening experience. You should also have excellent communication skills, a creative approach, and the ability to demonstrate our values of compassion, respect, integrity and innovation in the work that you do.
Cyrenians is a charity working towards a society that truly values and includes all. Our Vision is of an inclusive society in which we all have the opportunities to live valued and fulfilled lives. We work to make that vision a reality through our mission to support people excluded from family, home, work or community on their life journey.
CVs will not be accepted. Closing Date: Monday 13th May 2019 at 12.00 noon.
Closing Date: May 13, 2019 Interview Date: Wednesday, 22 May, 2019
L’Arche Highland provide a day service for 50 adults with learning disabilities throughout the week doing a range of activities across four different workshops. The workshops are a vibrant and welcoming environment which offer both a varied and rewarding workplace.
You will be the Garden Workshop Leader (Maternity Cover) leading a dynamic gardening workshop. Work as part of our team to support people with learning disabilities; to undertake meaningful work while building relationships with them, and encouraging their growth and development.
For further information, job description and application form see https://www.larchehighland.org.uk/garden-work-leader-maternity-cover
PLEASE NOTE: Applications will not be considered unless both a full CV and completed application form are received.
Closing Date: April 15, 2019
Tiphereth is a Camphill community based on the edge of the Pentland hills in Edinburgh providing care and support to adults with learning disabilities and autism in supported living, residential care, day services and social enterprises.
You would be working in our Garden group supporting adults with learning disabilities and autism to engage in gardening work as well as supporting our social enterprise through the green waste collection and firewood and compost deliveries to customers. The work requires supporting people one-to-one and in small groups. A clean driving licence is essential.How to Apply:
NB CLOSING DATE IS Monday, 18th March 2019 (12:00pm)Closing Date: March 18, 2019 Interview Date: Wednesday, 27 March, 2019
15a Pennywell Court, Edinburgh EH4 4TZ
Applicants should submit a CV accompanied by cover letter explaining why they are interested in applying for the post to: firstname.lastname@example.org Further information and a job description can also be requested.
North Edinburgh Arts
Tel: 0131 315 2151 / Direct: 0131 315 6408
Scottish Charity Number: SC027700
Read the garden blog here…. https://northedinburghgrows.wordpress.com/
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Escort clients safely to and from the service by driving a Silver Birch minibus
- Provide individualised support to clients working within the vegetable cultivation team
- Plan order of daily activities within the vegetable cultivation team
- Assist in organisation clients’ workload
- Closely observe and report upon relevant aspects of individual clients mental health, behaviour or other issues
- Assist clients with aspects of physical care as required in accordance with the work carried out within the service
- Maintain clients privacy and dignity at all times
- Understand and abide by a code of confidentiality in accordance with company policy
- Participate in team meetings sharing information as requested
- Work within company policies and procedures to ensure maintenance of safe working practices for clients and colleagues; particularly with regard to Health & Safety legislation and Risk Assessment management
- Adhere to company policies and procedures for the use of supplies and equipment, in order to promote the effective and efficient use of resources
- Participate in staff appraisal in accordance with company policy to maintain skills and develop personal growth through training and education
- Contribute to service development
- Relevant Experience
- Skills & Qualities
- Required Qualifications
- Additional requirements of role
- Previous experience of working with client group
- Friendly & supportive approach
- Full Clean UK Driving Licence
- Experience of therapeutic horticulture
- Possess or willing to work towards SVQ 1 or 2 in Social Care
Dundee Social Enterprise Network, 15 Balunie Drive, Dundee, DD4 8PS
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a range of partners and stakeholders to establish the feasibility of developing a horticultural growing space in Dundee, using a sustainable Social Enterprise approach.
The post will involve:
Delivering a feasibility study into the potential for a SE growing initiative
Undertake option appraisal for management of the site which includes continuation of Dundee City Council operations
Writing a 3 year business plan
Identifying potential development funds
Applicants should supply a CV and covering letter.
Applications will be considered from those wishing to do so on a consultancy basis.
Further information is available at is available at: dundeesen.org/dsen-vacancies