Redhall is a mental health service based in an award winning walled garden/six acre estate in Edinburgh. In a beautiful outdoor setting we promote recovery from mental health difficulties through the medium of organic gardening, conservation, team working and IT/admin work. There is a strong group work emphasis with staff working collaboratively with the people attending our service to build a centre of excellence. This job requires high levels of physical stamina and personal resilience.
We are seeking a creative, enthusiastic and practical individual to join our team of eight. Applicants should have:
- Proven experience of supporting people/group work in an outdoor setting.
- Experience and good understanding of working with mental health issues
- Qualification in horticulture
- Proven horticultural experience both garden and estate work.
- Proven experience of team working
- Good understanding of Health and Safety Assessment procedures.
- Good communication skills
- Experience in preparing and delivering horticultural training
- Good working knowledge of horticultural machinery
Applications are welcome from people who have experienced mental health difficulties. A PVG check is required for this post, along with a Right to Work in the UK check. Candidates will also be required to provide proof of qualifications declared on the application form
Link to job on Website:
Closing Date: Closing date for all applications is 12.00 noon, Friday 4 May 2018.
Interviews will take place on 15th & 16th May 2018.
How to apply: Should you wish any further information or would like to arrange to visit the garden, please contact Nikki Cole 0131 443 0946