Tiphereth is a Camphill community based on the edge of the Pentland hills in Edinburgh providing care and support to adults with learning disabilities and autism in supported living, residential care, day services and social enterprises.
You would be working in our Garden group supporting adults with learning disabilities and autism to engage in gardening work as well as supporting our social enterprise through the green waste collection and firewood and compost deliveries to customers. The work requires supporting people one-to-one and in small groups. A clean driving licence is essential.How to Apply:
NB CLOSING DATE IS Monday, 18th March 2019 (12:00pm)Closing Date: March 18, 2019 Interview Date: Wednesday, 27 March, 2019
15a Pennywell Court, Edinburgh EH4 4TZ
Applicants should submit a CV accompanied by cover letter explaining why they are interested in applying for the post to: firstname.lastname@example.org Further information and a job description can also be requested.
North Edinburgh Arts
Tel: 0131 315 2151 / Direct: 0131 315 6408
Scottish Charity Number: SC027700
Read the garden blog here…. https://northedinburghgrows.wordpress.com/
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Escort clients safely to and from the service by driving a Silver Birch minibus
- Provide individualised support to clients working within the vegetable cultivation team
- Plan order of daily activities within the vegetable cultivation team
- Assist in organisation clients’ workload
- Closely observe and report upon relevant aspects of individual clients mental health, behaviour or other issues
- Assist clients with aspects of physical care as required in accordance with the work carried out within the service
- Maintain clients privacy and dignity at all times
- Understand and abide by a code of confidentiality in accordance with company policy
- Participate in team meetings sharing information as requested
- Work within company policies and procedures to ensure maintenance of safe working practices for clients and colleagues; particularly with regard to Health & Safety legislation and Risk Assessment management
- Adhere to company policies and procedures for the use of supplies and equipment, in order to promote the effective and efficient use of resources
- Participate in staff appraisal in accordance with company policy to maintain skills and develop personal growth through training and education
- Contribute to service development
- Relevant Experience
- Skills & Qualities
- Required Qualifications
- Additional requirements of role
- Previous experience of working with client group
- Friendly & supportive approach
- Full Clean UK Driving Licence
- Experience of therapeutic horticulture
- Possess or willing to work towards SVQ 1 or 2 in Social Care
Dundee Social Enterprise Network, 15 Balunie Drive, Dundee, DD4 8PS
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a range of partners and stakeholders to establish the feasibility of developing a horticultural growing space in Dundee, using a sustainable Social Enterprise approach.
The post will involve:
Delivering a feasibility study into the potential for a SE growing initiative
Undertake option appraisal for management of the site which includes continuation of Dundee City Council operations
Writing a 3 year business plan
Identifying potential development funds
Applicants should supply a CV and covering letter.
Applications will be considered from those wishing to do so on a consultancy basis.
Further information is available at is available at: dundeesen.org/dsen-vacancies
44 Harlaw Road, Balerno, Edinburgh EH14 7AX
Youth Vision is seeking to appoint a new Chair Person who would commit for at least 2 years.
We are looking for someone with experience of chairing or has been involved in a lead role in a management committee, service management or leadership, and able to take Youth Vision on to the next phase of its development.
Committee meetings take place on the last Monday evening of the month at our office in Balerno.
Please contact the Manager, Sara Beauregard, for an informal discussion prior to application.
Sara Beauregard, Manager, Youth Vision, 44 Harlaw Road, Balerno EH14 7AX
Phone: 07999 948491
Castlebank Horticultural Centre, St Patrick's Road, Lanark ML11 9EG
Lanark Community Development Trust have been awarded £99,940 from the Big Lottery Fund to deliver a three year community gardening project at Castlebank Horticultural Centre, employing an Educational Gardener and delivering activities for the local community in Lanark. The project will deliver a range of horticultural, educational and volunteering opportunities to local people of all ages and backgrounds. It will help local people take control of their lives, reduce isolation and improve community connections.
This post commences on 18.02.2019
For further information and a full Job description see
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail or have any queries, please contact email@example.com
phone 07538 387 378
Please email CV and covering letter (no more than one page) to: firstname.lastname@example.orgClosing Date: December 14, 2018
Our Community Outreach Team is recruiting a new Community Outreach Advisor based in Edinburgh. As well as supporting community growing projects across the East of Scotland, you will deliver a range of horticultural training programmes across the region and help to shape and deliver new programmes designed to engage new audiences in the work of the RHS, building strong relationships with external partners and internal teams across the RHS.
If you are a passionate about community engagement through gardening, a professional horticulturalist experienced in inspiring communities new to gardening and in engaging the next generation of gardeners, then this is the role for you. Experience of working with community organisations, volunteers, young people, children, families and schools is essential. With excellent communication and reflective skills and the ability to work collaboratively and in partnership with stakeholder organisations, you should have experience of training and a qualification in practical horticulture (minimum of Level 2). More information on our website here - https://www.rhs.org.uk/about-the-rhs/work-for-the-rhsContact Name: Liz Stewart How to Apply: Closing Date: December 13, 2018 Interview Date: Wednesday, 9 January, 2019
36 College Street,
CLEAR Buckhaven & Methil, a small active charity in Fife, is seeking a qualified and experienced consultant to provide professional, practical advice on various aspects relating to the development, operations and sustainability of its community food involvement including harvesting, processing and marketing of locally grown produce and also provision of volunteer meals and community fridge. Further details area available here.
Closing Date: November 21, 2018