Redhall Walled Garden, Edinburgh
HORTICULTURE INSTRUCTOR - (Ref: N643)
£16,478 - £18,624, 37.5 hours per week
Redhall is a mental health service based in an award winning walled garden/six acre estate in Edinburgh. In a beautiful outdoor setting we promote recovery from mental ill health through therapeutic horticulture including organic gardening, conservation and team working. We also offer training in IT. There is a strong group work emphasis, staff work with the people attending our service to develop and maintain the garden, plant nursery and estate which is open to the public on weekdays and occasional weekends. Duties also include key working responsibilities, supporting our service users with their personal development plans.
We are seeking a creative, enthusiastic and practical individual to join our team of eight.
Applicants should have:
You will have experience in horticulture, ideally both garden and plant nursery work, and of supporting groups in an outdoor setting.
You will be able to demonstrate good communication skills and a mature attitude together with adaptability, creativity and enthusiasm. You will also have experience and a good understanding of working with mental health issues.
You will be required to work flexibly to suit the needs of the service including some evening and weekend working.
Applications are welcome from people who have experienced mental health difficulties. A PVG check is required for this post, along with a Right to Work in the UK check. Candidates will also be required to provide proof of qualifications declared on the application form
Closing date for all applications is 12.00 noon, Monday 15th October 2018.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 24th October 2018.
Application forms, job descriptions and guidelines are available to download from our website www.samh.org.uk. Please note that your application should be completed electronically and emailed back to email@example.com, no other form of application will be accepted.Closing Date: October 15, 2018 Interview Date: Wednesday, 24 October, 2018
Please ring 07704 371299Closing Date: October 31, 2018
To work as part of the Greener Kirkcaldy team to support the volunteers who develop and maintain our community garden and orchard at Ravenscraig Walled Gardens in Kirkcaldy.
Ravenscraig Community Orchard was planted in 2012, and shares Ravenscraig Walled Garden with allotments and other community growing projects. Greener Kirkcaldy manages the orchard plus a large training allotment within the Walled Garden. We run volunteer gardening sessions 2 days per week, and organise workshops and events at the Gardens. The objectives of the project are to provide
- great volunteering and educational opportunities
- the facilities, training and inspiration to encourage local people to grow and eat fruit and vegetables
- a resource of healthy food for the community
- To assist the Project Leader in coordinating volunteer gardening sessions.
- To support the volunteers to develop the site in line with the relevant plans and designs.
- To ensure that the site is well-maintained.
- To assist with the implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems.
- To provide 1 to 1 support for volunteers with additional support needs.
- To engage with volunteers and members of the public in a positive and constructive way and ensure their needs are met.
- To take an inclusive and empowering ‘community development’ approach.
- To communicate effectively with others.
- To work with team members to achieve goals.
- To work constructively with project partners.
- To report on the success of allocated tasks.
- To comply fully with the organisation ethos, policies and procedures and relevant legislation.
- To attend project meetings as required.
- To undertake other duties in line with the job purpose.
For Job application pack email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: CVs are not acceptable.Closing Date: September 7, 2018 Interview Date: Monday, 1 October, 2018
As an inspirational legacy of NVA, the Hidden Gardens is an urban greenspace of international repute which is rooted in its local community.
Located in the Pollokshields area of Glasgow, the Hidden Gardens is a community resource which exists to provide a safe place of sanctuary, learning and participation.
We promote community integration and understanding between people of all cultures, faiths and backgrounds through horticulture, nature, creativity and collaboration.
Our programme of activities and events aims to achieve the following impacts:
- Increase understanding, exchange and integration between people of all cultures
- Improve health and well-being of participants
- Improve knowledge, skills and creativity of participants
Visit our website and Social Media platforms to find out more about our wide ranging work: www.thehiddengardens.org.uk .
The Gardens are entering a new phase of strategic development. We will be initiating projects which will extend our reach to new communities. These will include implementing new Arts, Learning and Community Engagement plans.
The Hidden Gardens is operated by the Hidden Gardens Trust, and we are now seeking new trustees to support us to realise our ambitions.
We are particularly keen to hear from people with the following expertise:
- Art and design
- Social Enterprise
How to Apply: Applications To apply, please send a brief CV and a covering letter telling us why you want to join the Hidden Gardens board and what you will bring to the company to: Pip@TheHiddenGardens.org.uk Deadline: 12 noon Friday 24 August 2018 Closing Date: August 24, 2018
The Community Gardner / Groupworker will work as part of a small team developing and maintaining 4 small scale food growing sites primarily within NHS Lanarkshire hospitals as part of the Lanarkshire Green Health Partnership action Plan.
Closing Date is 5 September at 12 noonHow to Apply:
Please contact email@example.com for a job description and applicationClosing Date: September 5, 2018
Application forms, job descriptions and guidelines are available to download from our website www.samh.org.uk. Please note that your application should be completed electronically and emailed back to firstname.lastname@example.org, no other form of application will be accepted.Closing Date: August 7, 2018 Interview Date: Wednesday, 15 August, 2018