Online Seasonal Gardening Activities
ONLINE Learning - Seasonal Gardening Activities
Share the joys of life through gardening!
Winter Unit - Enrolling from 1st December 2020
To enrol, create an account at https://learning.trellisscotland.org.uk/
Units are designed to boost your professional development with lots of practical gardening activities to engage clients and residents, both indoors and out, throughout the year. Support your clients:
- Stimulate reminiscence, conversation and engage the senses
- Enable meaningful, light-hearted interactions with staff, family & visiting community groups
- Increase self-esteem through sharing skills and expertise
- Demonstrate care e.g. promotion of physical activity & free choice
- Provide distraction and pain relief for those with long term conditions
Be confident leading gardening activities:
- No prior knowledge required
- 4 units - Spring, Summer, Autumn & Winter
- Practical training delivered by video and resources online - no travel, no fuss
- Certificates awarded
- Learn how to engage your clients
- Adapt activities for different abilities
- Plan & deliver appropriate activities
- Gain confidence in gardening skills.
- Easy to complete units
- Resource Packs available to buy from the Trellis Online Shop
- contains all the Activity Sheets required for the Unit plus lots of additional gardening activitity ideas for you to carry out with your clients. Full colour print sheets and folder.
Units are available every year:
Winter Unit available 1st December - 29th February
Spring Unit available 1st March - 31st May
Summer Unit available 1st June - 31st August
Autumn Unit available 1st September - 30th November
The Winter Unit Covers :
Winter - How Winter affects plant growth, Seasonal Signifiers, What can be done in the garden at this time of year.
Gardening Activities - Simple Garden Design, Jinglke Bulbs & Indoor Flowering Bulbs, Windowsill Growing, What to Grow & Create Festive Decorations, Making a Bird Feeder & Citizen Science
Developing Adaptive & Engagement Techniques - Adapting gardening activities; Engaging your clients; The Importance of Planning & Reflecting on your Gardening Activities.
To view courses and enrol, create an account at https://learning.trellisscotland.org.uk/
For any further information please contact Course Creator: Jenny Simpson firstname.lastname@example.org
"Highly recommend this course; it is inspiring, extremely engaging, practical and relevant to many settings...”
Gillian, Seasonal Gardening Activities Training student